What would you call this? An appetizer or dessert? It’s something in between and it’s a great way to make someone your friend. Take a bite or two, sure, but don’t fool yourself by thinking the apple slices make this dish healthy. It’s fat and it’s proud, baby!
And no, it’s totally not DAMY friendly.
Here’s what we’ve got put together: three cheeses (brie, mozzarella and cream cheese) melted together with butter and pureed with strawberries, spread over toasted bread, with roasted pecans, crispy apple slices, cinnamon and honey.
So yeah, you’re gonna just want to go out and buy yourself some fat pants, ok?
I can only wonder what this would taste like spread over angel food cake. Someone else please, make it and tell me!
With everyone asleep, I have some time to chat. So let’s hurry up and talk about nothing, shall we?
Check out my cute little Seattle Starbucks mug. I love it! Every month I swap “Fit Boxes” with other members of a Facebook fitness group. The idea is to send a shoebox filled with goodies to inspire your friend (of the month) to get her butt off the couch and exercise. There are a few hundred ladies who participate and it is a blast! My buddy last month sent me a big fat mug, along with other goodies. I always want to buy myself the San Francisco or California mug at Starbucks, but will never plop down (um, ew?) the cash. So, this was an awesome surprise.
I found this new Trader Joe’s Cold Brew Coffee and can’t wait to try more. I over-milked it this morning, so the jury is still out. My hopes are high, though! The coffee was brewed cold (not sure how that is done), which means it was never heated and won’t have that bitter, old coffee taste that a lot of bottled iced coffee does. I promise to report back.
Here’s my kids, digging into each other’s ice cream. They seriously choose the grossest flavors. Why do kids think Gummy Bears taste good mixed with ice cream? They just don’t kids, they don’t.
Here’s my before and after chairs. My brother let me know how my last recover (the pink floral) would fit perfectly in a retirement home. Hopefully my new (unstained and playdough free) material has a more youthful floral pattern to it. Maybe my chairs are now suited for Baby Boomers instead? I’m sure there are plenty of young patterns out there, but I have two small boys and I need something to hide yogurt stains.
Ok, I’ve got nothing left to chat about. However, before I get to the recipe, I wanted to remind you that granola is yummy and totally isn’t just for hippies. Yeah, if you eat too much of it you’ll expand your own hippies, but you won’t magically end up with Birkenstocks on your feet.
And if you do find yourself in that situation, please make an appointment with a podiatrist. Sandal shaped fungus is no laughing matter.
I have Jamie Oliver’s 25 minute recipe you can try, it’s the gateway recipe into the serious stuff. Serious granola I mean. Not drugs. Don’t do drugs. They are expensive, they make you ugly and kill brain cells. Other than that, goodnight!
- 1 part mozzarella
- 1 part brie
- 1 part whipped cream cheese
- ½ part strawberries
- ¼ part ghee (clarified butter)
- dash salt
- sliced bread of choice, gluten free, rolls, french bread...anything works
- raw, unsalted pecans
- thinly sliced apple
- Over low heat, gently melt Ghee, brie and mozzarella. Don't overcook, you'll just want to get the cheese soft and runny.
- While sauce melts, blend strawberries in a food processor until they are a saucy consistency.
- Pour the melted cheese into the food processor with strawberry puree and process until well combined.
- Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle in a dash or two of salt and blend again.
- Turn on oven broiler to high.
- On a large baking pan, spread cheese dip over sliced bread of choice. Sprinkle pecans over the top and let broil in the oven until sauce is melted and smooth.
- Don't over-broil!
- Remove pan from the oven and transfer bread to serving tray.
- Gently lay sliced apples over the top of bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.