Do you watch this show? It’s hilarious! Nadia G took one episode to grow on me, but now I can’t take my eyes off of her Cooking Channel show, Bitchin’ Kitchen.
I probably shouldn’t have titled this post BK, because that is not what it is about! However, today is a girly day in my kitchen, so I guess that mentioning the Canadian tough girl wasn’t too off topic. I was able to head out for a (moms club) meeting this morning and grab a nice big Peet’s latte. An hour or uninterrupted Target shopping later, I was home to a clean kitchen (thanks, Jy) and happy kids. I’ve tried two new recipes today and am writing this as all the boys are out riding bikes. Sounds good, oui?
In honor of everything going my way, I’ve made a girly dish to share with you. Barbie Breakfast! So, it probably goes without saying that I have had that utterly obnoxious song, “I’m a Barbie Girl” stuck in my head this afternoon. I hope karma serves justly the one hit wonder band, Aqua.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups cranberries
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil before reducing heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes and then take pot off burner and let stand for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, boil cranberries until they pop. You can choose to cook your cranberries in sugar and water now, or mix them into the quinoa unsweetened and add more honey later.
- Toast your pecans over medium heat in a dry pan. Move nuts around in pan for 5 minutes and take off heat before they turn dark brown.
- Mix all components together and serve!
Ok, the honeymoon is over. The boys are back. One is tired, one is antsy and I have yet to see what the third has to say. Happy Sunday friends, go to bed early tonight to make up that hour we have lost!