Don’t these snack bars look yummy? Have you noticed the influx of fake homemade style snacks in the granola bar section of stores? I have! These are so simple and quick, you’ll have no reason to buy the prepackaged variety. I found the recipe in my Whole Foods app and was really surprised just how yummy they turned out. I think experimenting with whole wheat and gluten free flours would be pretty fun.
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons 2% milk
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup dried dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 X 9 inch pan
- Cream the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and milk. Stir in the apples.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, mix thoroughly. Stir in the nuts and dates.
- Spread dough into greased pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch square bars.
It feels strange to write so many posts that are just straight up about yummy food. What happened to the laughs of yore? I’ll tell you.
- Last week was Spring Break and having kids full time made me remember why I like coffee and date nights.
- I’ve been reformatting and working this blog and it has kind of killed all the humor in my brain.
- I’m so annoyed at Target for lowering their selection in almost all departments.
- The grumps have taken me over this morning after reading annoying Facebook posts.
- Basically all the first world problems you can think of that totally don’t matter are bothering me this morning.
Now that I am thinking about it, I know what’s up!!!!
I have been drinking tea instead of coffee the past two days. Here is how I just cheered myself up, I suggest you do the same!