Brussels And Bacon
This would be a killer side dish to tote along to the next potluck you are invited to. Although, you might want to consider bringing it somewhere that is not far from home. This dish is best served hot, hot, hot!
My brother told me that there is no recipe for this mix. You’ll just need to go with what instructions I have and cook Free Willy style.
- Brussel sprouts
- red onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil brussel sprouts for 4-5 minutes until dark green, drain and rinse under cold water, slice into at least thirds.
- Fry slices of bacon and save some of the grease.
- Use the leftover grease to saute chopped red onions until softened.
- Slice bacon and add back to the pan with onions, brussel sprouts and reheat the mix together.
- Dress with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (while food is still hot in the pan) as well as salt and pepper.
*I should add that I normally loathe brussel sprouts. I think I have one of those super taster tongues, which makes brussels taste more like the sweat off the back of The Muscles from Brussels than a veggie. By the way, that means they usually taste gross. Not this time. If you have a STT like me, give them a go!
**One more thing. I always thought the “Muscles” was Arnold Schwarzzy. It’s Jean Claude, according to Google images. Go fig!