Buffalo Chicken Dip
Remember the dip I raved about a week ago? Well, I made a double batch of it for my brother’s rehearsal (minus the rehearsing) dinner on Friday night. The recipe can be found on Frank’s RedHot site. It’s easy, tasty and a serious crowd pleaser. Unless one of the people in the crowd is my brother Ron, who pretty much hates everything I make. Here he is as Best Man with my niece, Paige, who was just five a couple of minutes ago. Yikes!
- 8 oz. pkg.cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup FRANK’S REDHOT Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S REDHOT Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cupcrumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- HEAT oven to 350.
- Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
- MIX in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Here is what a double batch looks like:
I used rotisserie chicken (more than what you will see in the photo) and 1/2 blue cheese crumbles with 1/2 shredded mozzarella and Ranch dressing. I don’t love using bottled Ranch, it is just plain full of yucky stuff. However, I wasn’t about to make dressing from scratch for this gooey dip. When going bad, go real bad. I have to say that I like the way that Katherine’s dip turned out better. I felt like mine was a bit too thick, so I’ll need to chat with her and report back about what she says.
Oh…and I made mine in the Ninja! I’d love to try a crock pot version next. This dip is best when kept nice and hot.